98 Pompton Turnpike
BOOKKEEPER • ACCOUNTS PAYABLE / ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE OFFICER
Knowledgeable professional seeks position as bookkeeper. Top-notch communicator, self-motivated. Recognized for ability to meet deadlines with accuracy, resolve errors, and improve cost and efficiency measures for the financial well-being of business. Able to adapt to wide variety of clients and colleagues.
• Accounts Payable • Payroll and Benefits
• Accounts Receivable • Bank & Statement Reconciliations
• Procurement • Collections and Payment Arrangements
• Customer Service • Office Procedures
• Inventory • Financial Analysis
• Data Entry
2002 – Present
Nationwide manufacturer and distributor of cattle.
Reported to: Credit Manager. Achieved outstanding results in recovering outstanding debt, and controlling credit lines for over 240 accounts with terms varying from COD to 60 days.
• Negotiated account settlements and periodic payment schedules with several long-term outstanding accounts, and effectively retained one client who was considering switching to a competitor. Managed accounts up to $65,000.
• Resolved issues surrounding the issuing of credits for the organization’s innovative “free beef” incentive. Awarded to customers for prompt payment. Program improved collections by 15%.
• Worked to explain program to customers and soothe disgruntled customers.
• Worked with outstanding debtors and reopened stalled communications–in just one month, 14 of 23 outstanding accounts showed improvement.
1999 – 2002
Small information technology and internet service provider.
• Restored cash flows in ailing IT business impacted negatively by large market competitors. Balanced books to be able to meet monthly supplier payments and necessitated immediate action to connect the peaks and troughs of cash flows with accounts payable system.
• Administered finances for two departments. Processed bank reconciliations, entered receipts and data into the computerized system, and managed daily banking operations.
• Established a routine customer follow-up system to encourage regular on-time payments and assure continued cash flows. Successfully achieved increased payment frequency from 97% of accounts.
• Revamped accounts payable function to prioritize payments to suppliers, maintain long-term loyalty, and aid cash flows.
Health care provider with staff of 205. Administered payroll, benefits, and taxes.
• Administered $250,000 payroll for 10 employees utilizing accounting software. Trained self to quickly use complex accounting software. Saved company 5% in accounting errors.
• Processed claims for injured workers and specialists, and created a successful work-return program.
Baramus Community College
Associates Degree, Business
Orange Institute of Business
Bachelor of Arts, Accounting
Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), skilled PowerPoint presenter.