Van A. Smith
3544 Sardis Way
Frisco, TX 75034
Dynamic and optimistic sales professional with proven ability to cultivate strong customer relationships and improve bottom line profits with aggressive and effective sales techniques.
Experienced in managing large territories and regions with a personal touch and attention to detail.
Doctors Computer Network (DCN), Frisco, TX
1999 – Present
REGIONAL ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE
Sell management systems for physicians and medical clinics. Responsible for large and growing territory that had previously suffered downturns. Used energy and aggressive sales techniques to turn the territory around.
• Improved revenue by 400% over previous representative.
• Improved response time and efficiency to stop the loss of clients and retain several previously disgruntled customers.
• Provided personal service and upsold to a major client who was on the verge of leaving.
• Achieved highest record of upgrade system sales.
• Closed 25% more sales than territory average.
BBQ Technologies, Texas
1996 – 1999
REGIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER, REGIONAL SALES REP & NATIONAL SALES MANAGER
Sold a variety of practice management systems to physicians and medical clinics.
• Directed all marketing for a start-up sales company.
• Designed all sales pricing structures.
• Created custom packages for different clients.
• Traveled throughout four states to generate new business.
• Negotiated major contract which brought in $300,000 in one year.
Texas MD System Solutions, Frisco, TX
1991 – 1996
MEDICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE & SALES MANAGER
Sold software systems to physicians. Directed all regional sales and marketing.
• Grew market from $500,000 to more than $3 million.
• Improved revenue 10% each year.
• Hired telemarketers across the country to generate qualified leads. After program was initiated sales improved by more than 25%.
University of Texas, Austin, TX
State University of Texas, Frisco, TX
Business Courses such as Accounting 1, Accounting 2, Marketing and Computers
Computer Software Skills
Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, ACT!, Visio and various medical software applications