Barry B. Wheeler
328 Lauren Drive
Baraboo, WI 53913
Skilled Nursing Facility
Admissions ~ Medical Records ~ Customer Service
Experience with teams from diverse backgrounds; community minded individual with an energetic style that provides efficient, cost-effective utilization of resources while developing relationships and maximizing customer service. Strengths consist of excellent knowledge of medical records and administrative processes; dedicated to the highest standard of integrity and healthcare excellence. Key talents include:
• Pre-Admission Screening • Assembling & Maintaining Medical Records
• Knowledge of Administrative & Clinical Procedures • Commercial & Governmental Issues
• Handling phone lines • Financial Record-keeping
• Leadership & Training • Research & Filing
• Public Relations & Customer Service • Oral & Written Communication
Displays professional appearance, executes complex and diversified projects, and maintains confidentiality within fast-paced, work environments. Proficient in utilizing computer applications for correspondence, research, and data entry including Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and the Internet.
MADISON HEALTH CARE CENTER, Madison, WI
2001 – 2003
Admissions Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant/ Department Head
• Supervised admissions process, admitting 30-40 patients monthly; authored a system to place patients based on factors such as behavior, drug or alcohol dependency, critical status, insurance coverage, individual needs, and nursing staff ability to care for patients.
• Worked together with 50 patients and 10-15 hospitals, doctors, and social workers daily; traveled to different hospitals and assisted living centers to assess patients for proper placement.
• Admitted patients while extracting and compiling data, and recording pertinent information. Acquired knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid regulations, nursing and rehabilitation concepts.
• Instructed new employees regarding admission processes and procedures; ensuring excellent quality control and superb customer service.
MEDICAL IMAGING, Madison, WI
2000 – 2001
• Supervised and organized essential daily operations including collections, invoicing, financial records, phone/fax inquiries, advertising, and customer service.
• Performed advanced scanning of medical records, coordinating with numerous doctors and office managers.
HEALTHSERVE OF PORTLAND, Madison, WI
1997 – 1999
• Managed office functions, copy medical records, and handled phone and customer inquiries by; allowed to continue as Office Manager when company was purchased by Healthserve.
• Provided support for marketing efforts while performing other duties such as data entry, copying medical records, as well as hiring and training new employees.
• Performed duties of Receptionist and Floral Designer, including switchboard operations on multi-line phone systems, filling orders, arrangingdelivery schedules, and finalizing daily sales summaries..
Daily Medical Clinic Training – Madison, Milwaukee, Green Bay