The modern family is often beset with domestic relationship problems between the couples and with the kids that the burden can be enough to destroy the family. In situations like this, the marriage counselor or therapists can help salvage a marriage and a family. Often using psychiatric evaluation methods to understand the problem, the marriage counselor therapists can apply psychotherapeutic solutions in treating familial dysfunctions.
Marriage Counselor/Therapist Resume Format
Jeffrey J. Hutchinson
Phone: (276) 687-3776
To be a full time marriage counselor in a non-governmental agency engaged in counseling services.
Summary of Qualifications
* About 7 years of experience as a self-employed marriage counselor therapist.
* Excellent verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
Career Experience / Job History
* 2003 – Present: Freelance Marriage Counselor
* Trace obvious family problems to their underlying roots by dissecting the family structure to evaluate where the difficulty may lie in a relationship.
* Conduct sessions for couples with marital infidelity or sexual problems to resolve any unhealthy animosities or misunderstanding.
* Involve adolescent in any family healing session to bring out their misunderstandings and misgivings with their parents.
* Coordinate with social workers and police when domestic violence or substance abuse surface as the main culprit in family problems, ensuring that the children are least affected by the revelations.
* Consult with medical doctors in treating sexual dysfunctions or infertility problems as the cause of marital problems
Salvaged the marriage of about 1,200 couples and saved their families from disintegration in from 2006 to the present
2003: passed the state board licensure requirements.
2002 – 2004: MS in Marriage and Family Therapy, Grand Canyon University
1998 – 2001: Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Capella University