A Choral Director conducts choirs and glee clubs using original choral arrangements or makes his own interpretations. He often works with a band, a symphony or philharmonic orchestra conductor of civic and government sponsored cultural centers. A resume for the position often can benefit from a portfolio of inspired choral works under your baton.
Choral Director/Conductor Resume Format
Dwight D. Turner
S. State St., Chicago, Illinois
Phone: (312) 445-9012
Looking for a choral director position in a symphony orchestra or a theater production company
Summary of Qualification
* 14 years of experience in a prestigious state symphony orchestra as a choral director for one of its choral groups.
Career Experience/Job History
1998 – Present: Choral Director, Chicago Symphony Orchestra
* Direct choir rehearsals at various levels up to final rehearsal with full orchestra together with the symphony’s resident or guest conductor.
* Conduct choir with guest operatic soloists
* Conduct auditions for choir or orchestral membership.
* Lead the choir in a gala performance alone or with the symphony
* Approve membership application based on audition performance
* Confer with recording label audio engineers on rehearsals
* Provide professional critique on sample recordings.
* Awarded Most Outstanding Choral Director for the 2008 Chicago Spring Music Festival
* Voted the Most Promising Chorale Conductor in the 1998 by the Chicago Tribune
* Portfolio of choral recording under my supervision or conducting available upon request or during the interview
1997 – 1999: Master of Music in Choral Music and Conducting, College of Conservatory, Wheaton College.
1996: Vocal/Choral Repertoire, Boston Conservatory
1992 – 1996: Bachelor of Music in Music Composition and Theory, Boston Conservatory