383 Bibsee Street
Denver, CO 80203
Experienced executive with comprehensive knowledge in the non-profit and foundation industry. Proven ability to restructure failing programs to improve productivity and raise necessary funds.
Areas of Expertise
• Strategic growth
• Program coordination • Pioneer
• Innovative • Reliable
• Inclusive • Budget planning
• President, Disaster Recover, Inc.
• Assistant President, Warzone Intervention.
• United States Representative to Trade and Commerce.
• National Counsel on Safety.
• Committee Member, Aurora City.
Symphony Living, Denver, CO
2002 – Present
Symphony Living is a $40 million non-profit organization that helps low-income housing become affordable through a development corporation with 20 full-time employees, 90 builders/tradesmen.
Researched and coordinated project to seek funding for purchase of properties and development of joint ventures for future projects. Liaison between contractors, developers, board members, and tenants.
• Created Morning Village, a $6 million 500 apartment community in Denver for families with low-income by renovating donated buildings.
Young Once Again (YOA), Aurora, CO
1975 – 1998
YOA is a multi-service senior citizen facility that is ranked in the top 5% in the country. YOA houses 300 senior citizens and operates with a $40 million budget.
Directed and managed overall operations of YOA including coordinating fund-raisers and developing and implementing new programs.
• Expanded the program from operations with $200,000 and 10 employees to $40 million with 100 employees in 13 years.
• Expanded and developed much needed programs that could not be accomplished with government funds such as city, state, and federal grants to raised $19 million annually from various donors.
• Developed contacts with numerous government agencies and became highly respected among them.
• Serviced 25,000 local people 6 days per week at 6 health and nutrition sites.
• Assisted 800 senior citizens with Meals-on-Wheels.
University of Denver, Denver, CO
M.A. in Industrialization, 1973
M.A. in Music, 1971
Fellow, Management Leading, Class of 1993, honors
• Non-Profit Organizations Leadership Journal of Executive Leading
• University of Colorado, Economics Study
Verbal and written proficiency in Chinese and English.