Industrial or Process Safety Engineers design and implement safe working environments to protect workers from in-process hazards resulting from the interaction between people and the manufacturing process. They involve designing safety features to anticipate, inspect and remediate danger points along processes to safeguard the health and safety of workers and preclude disruptions to operations.
Safety Engineer Resume Format
Engr. Nathan S. West
E. Twiggs, Tampa, Florida
Phone: (772) 766-8709
To work as a Process Safety Engineer in a federal or state regulatory agency
Summary of Qualifications
* 7 years experience as a process safety engineer in a car manufacturing plant.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Career Experience / Job History
2003 – Present: Process Safety Engineer, Ford Motors
* Develop control systems, methods and procedures to maintain worker health and safety, either in-built to the process or as precautionary procedures.
* Design, develop, implement and administer hazard control systems and programs.
* Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of safety controls
* Develop the safety reference and user manual fro workers to understand and apply
* Inspect, investigate and review plant floor layout designs, process workflow blueprints as well as worker qualifications and safety training
* Design the implementation procedures in enhancing safety and as integral to any engineering process.
* Received a Letter of Commendation from the VP-Operations for a well-crafted safety process presentation to senor executives in 2007
* Assisted the Industrial Engineer in implementing safety features in 2004 that remain effective and relevant to this day
2006: Passed board exams to become a Professional Engineer
1997 – 2002: BS in Industrial Safety Engineering, MIT, Boston, MA