John H. Fernandez
1552 C Street
Wellfleet, MA 94588
Finance / Operational Accounting / Strategic Business Planning
Experienced finance professional with several years of executive experience. Proven ability to oversee all accounting, financial, and business strategies of an organization. Able to lead business in the global market place.
MBA, finance and operations emphasis awarded from Columbia University in New York.
A position within an organization as Vice President of Finance or Director of Finance.
• Liasion for three major organizational projects which reduced spending by 35% in administration, overhead, and marketing
• Negotiated successful contracts with vendors which saved the company $1.3M per year on expenses such as phone, shipping, and data storage.
Detailed Career History
2001 – Present
Vice President of Finance
• Worked directly with the CFO the CEO
• Led all aspects of the financial department including IT, HR, and business analysts.
• Aided in strategic planning and financial analysis for the organization
1998 – 2000
Director of Finance
• Provided financial analysis and busines forecasting for the Vice President of Finance. Advised on operational and business strategies.
• Evaluated strategies presented to the President of the Company and staff.
1995 – 1998
• Analyzed and formulated negotiations for organizational cost-cuting initiative.
• Conducted research to inform the acquisition strategy for each division.
1994 – 1995
Corporate Planning and Analysis Manager
• Provided overall coordination and leadership for the Long Range Plan and Annual Business Plan
• Processes and directed the financial reporting activities related to the processes.
1992 – 1994
Manager of Financials Plans
• Managed all financial planning regarding the monthly, quarterly and annual planning reports.
• Led streamlining efffort to reduce administrative costs by 24% by overhauliong shipping department.
• Directed team to annually review processes to lead to best practices.
1991 – 1982
• Located areas to combine upgrades to procedures and implement cost cuts. Saved company over $4M in first year.
• Managed business strategy analysis to expand market, increase new product lines, and upgrade the programs
1990 – 1992
Senior Commercial Business Analyst
• Suggested improvements to increase revenue in the Commercial Products division.
• Developed a financial analysis plan for increasing new product lines, setting prices, opening new markets, and cutting costs.
1988 – 1990
• Reported directly to Vice President of Finance
• Analyzed emerging global markets and undertook research to aid vice president and senior management
1985 – 1987
Senior Operations Analyst
• Directed financial and operational reporting information analyses.
• Implemented new cost and profitability system which reduced error by 45% and processing time by three days.
Click here to Vice President of Finance in word
Incoming search terms:
- resume format for shipping line
- sample resume ending
- resume ending examples
- 1st grade teacher resume sample
- tsa sample resume
- cv format for shipping companies
- reporting analyst resume sample
- resume format for mba hr executive
- sample resume of commercial assistant