EMT-Paramedics or EMT-4s occupy the highest level of EMT (Emergency Medical Technologists) as defined by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT). A paramedic provides emergency medical attention to persons who figured in accidents, violent assaults, strokes and other emergency situations while at the scene and en route to a hospital. They are seen mostly in government hospitals, police and fire departments as well as ambulance providers.
EMT- Paramedics Resume Format
Errol F.G. Levinson
Chinatown, San Francisco, CA
Phone: (415) 766-7798
To become part of the EMT-paramedics team in a large metropolitan hospital
Summary of Qualifications
* About 6 years of experience in healthcare starting as a paramedic assistant and then becoming a medical transcriptionist for a private medical clinic
* Excellent command of clinical and medical emergency life saving procedures
* Excellent written communication skills in English and Spanish
Career Experience / Job History
2004 – Present: Paramedic, San Francisco-Presbyterian Hospital.
* Examine patient conditions while on the scene and stabilize condition prior to transporting.
* Administer intravenous or oral drugs, do endotracheal intubations, read EKGs (electrocardiograms), operate defibrillators, heart monitors and use a variety of emergency life preserving or monitoring appliances equipped in an ambulance.
* Relay important and pertinent information to emergency room staff.
* Ensure all paramedic equipment is functioning properly before being called out to the next emergency,
* Replace used supplies and make a record of the entire trip.
* Saved 35 lives out for 40 emergency cases on the way to the hospital
* Awarded management citation for high excellence and dedicated performance
2004: passed the EMT-4 certification exams from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT)
2001 – 2004: BS in Emergency Management, Capella University, Online
Incoming search terms:
- sample emt resume no experience
- emt resume
- Sample EMT Resume
- sample entry level emt resume
- paramedic resume
- emt resume templates
- paramedic resume in word format
- samples of what you can write in a EMT resume