600 W. 8000 N.
Seattle, WA 99456
Biochemical Scientist with industrial postdoctoral experience. Have produced and optimized Cholesterol Enzyme Kits in a pilot plant. Able to lead technical teams in complex medicinam and biochemical organic experiments.
Selected Key Scientific Skills
• Organic Synthesis • Solid Support Synthesis • Inorganic Chemistry
• Radiochemistry • Column Chromatograph • Dialysis Technique
• Molecular Modeling • Enzyme Assay • Cold Chemistry
• NMR • PET/SPET • HPLC
University of Washington, School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
2000 – Present
Conduct complex nicotinic radioligands synthesis studies.
• Participate with the labelling of new compounds developed in radiochemistry studies.
• Evaluate PET/SPET image studies of baboons and human subjects.
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
1993 – 2000
Graduate Research Assistant and Graduate Teaching Assistant
Tested for efficacy of biofilm removal and how to economically synthesize for cost-effective use.
• Determined compounds demonstrate activity at relatively low concentrations at detaching biofilm from surfaces.
Washington State University, Pullman, WA
1990 – 1993
Studied solution phase and solid phase synthesis of phosphonopeptides as inhibitors of proteases and reaction mechanisms of phosphorus chemistry. Supervised three undergraduate researcher.
• Synthesized non-natural amino acids.
• Taught undergraduate biochemistry laboratory class.
· Outstanding Graduate Student Travel Grant Award
American Chemical Society and American Peptide Society
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
Ph.D, Organic Chemistry
Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
B.S., Biochemical Engineering