Harvey J. Jones
3962 Bedford Street
Wallingford, CT 06492
Manager with expertise in strategic planning to improve revenues and reduce costs. Work to improve manufacturing processes and team cohesiveness. Able problem solver and trouble shooter. Other areas of expertise are:
• Production Processes and Standards • Cost Reduction and Revenue Gain
• Facilities and Equipment Control • Project Management
• Inventory and Materials Management • Quality and Performance Improvement
• Labor Relations • Human Resource Affairs
GRM Manufacturing, Wallingford, CT
2000 – Present
Responsible for management of 50 employees and five departments.
• Implemented one piece workflow and reduced lead time by 35%.
• Reduced customer complaints by 25%.
• Reduced material variance by 25% and improved yields by 25% through lean manufacturing.
• Oversaw annual budget of $500,000.
Reddington Associates, Wallingford, CT
1996 – 2000
Manged all planning and scheduling, manufacturing, materials management, and quality assurance for plant.
• Oversaw $1 million work in process and $15 million in equipment.
• Helped design new bottle which reduced leakage by 90%.
• Cut overhead costs by $200,000 while improving yields by 5%.
• Directed an around-the-clock, three-shift operation.
TBJ Corporation, Wallingford, CT
1990 – 1996
Oversaw all maintenance operations for two hydroelectric facilities.
• Improved regulatory compliance and avoided $5 million in estimated liability.
• Performed all maintenance for turbines, generators, and transducers.
HRM Manufacturing, Wallingford, CT
1984 – 1990
Managed 200 union employees. Oversaw a $30 million manufacturing facility producing more than 500K units daily.
• Created excellent relationship with union leadership which averted potential strike.
• Oversaw staff of six supervisors and four engineers, ensuring quality standards were met.
• Reduced overhead costs by 20%.
University of Connecticut
B.S., Business Administration
U.S. Marine Corps, Honorable Discharge.