Verna A. Romero
159 Lowes Alley
Columbus, OH 43215
Provide strong leadership for industrial and commercial construction. Expertise in safety and team supervision. Adept in writing project plans, scheduling, bid selection, budget preparation, and expenditure control.
Dunham Environmental, Columbus, OH
1999 – Present
Project Manager / Superintendent
Directed environmental teams of managers, engineers, superindents, and government officials on remediation projects.
• Managed a $20 million project over 30 acres for environmental remediation of pesticide plant.
• Directed removal of toxic waste using heavy equipment, vacuum trucks, cleaning services, and environmental drilling.
• Implemented safety program which achieved 100% safety record for duration of project.
Columbus Industrial, Columbus, OH
1991 – 1999
Assisted with turnaround project during sharp down turn in the industry.
Ohio Steel Co, Columbus, OH
1990 – 1991
Oversaw plant operations for 550 tons of steel per month. Supervised drives, metal workers, crane operators, safety managers, and engineers.
• Designed and executed a clean up plan for the facility which achieved a 100% safety and cleaning record.
• Hired more qualified employees and employed more stringent training which improved production by 45%.
Buckeye Chemical Plant, Columbus, OH
1987 – 1990
Supervised all industrial construction projects. Manged crew of 70 with responsibility for all personnel and equiment.
Earles Enterprise, Columbus, OH
1985 – 1987
Foreman / Superintendent
John Brown Construction, Columbus, OH
1979 – 1985
Training / Education / Affiliations
Excavation Safety — Ohio State University; HAZMAT; General Coursework — Columbus Community College
Volunteer — The Orange Show — Art Car Parade
Member — United States Golf Association (USGA)