Evelyn B. Watkins
2622 Carson Street, Lexington, KY 40507 / Tel# (859) 215-3610 Email: [email protected]
Purchasing manager with specialized expertise in the retail clothing industry. Proven ability to use cutting-edge technology to coordinate appropriate merchandise supply. Adept at building relationships with vendors and suppliers to negotiate best prices and competitive contracts.
United Fashion Merchandisers, Lexington, KY
1998 – Present
Manged purchasing operations for 10 independent boutiques. Responsible for all freight scheduling, inventory control and ordering processes. Supervise ten personnal including buyers and customer service representatives.
· Automated ordering system which reduced cost for processing by 25%.
· Led the implementation of a stockless inventory system which reduced costs by 15%
· Oversaw the transition to web-based purchasing to allow in-store mangers to track inventory.
Consolidated Department Stores, Lexington, KY
1992 – 1998
Supervised 15 buyers for procurement of furnishings, consumables and equipment. Coordinated with in-store managers.
· Built a database of best vendors and suppliers to ensure best prices.
· Oversaw shipping to ensure just-in-time delivery and lessen storage needs.
· Negotiated prices saving the company $25 million in one year.
KENTUCKY Clothing Outlet, Lexington, KY
1988 – 1992
Managed all purchasing for outlet store. Responsible for purchasing merchandise, supplies, and equipment. Directed scheduling and operations for a 10,000 square foot.
· Created a cutting-edge tracking system which improved accuracy of ordering.
· Supervised ten warehouse personnel and three office personnel.
· Analyzed market trends to improve use of storage space.
LEXINGTON Fashion, Lexington, KY
1985 – 1988
Purchased supplies and clothing merchandise for boutique store. Oversaw all vendor relations, ordered merchandise, and coordinated schedules. Maintained and organized stockroom.
· Consolidated purchasing forms and reduced costs by 35%.
· Negotiated with vendors for volume discounts.
· Supervised employees and in stockroom.
Bachelor of Arts (Merchandise Management), 1985
University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
American Procurement Specialists Society
American Association for Merchandise Solutions