Leon K. Barmore
1286 Pratt Avenue
Colby, WA 98384
· Expertise in security operations.
· Proven ability to provide aviation, corporate, and private security.
· Demonstrated knowledge of comprehensive security and administrative policies and procedures.
RELATED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Transportation Security Screener Supervisor
12/01 – Present
US DEPARTMENT of HOMELAND SECURITY
Responsible for performing inspectional, investigative, and advisory activities to enforce compliance with Federal laws. Provide excellent service screening more than 3000 passengers per day.
· Supervise team of lead supervisors to oversee 50 screeners at three checkpoints and 25 gates.
· Certified first responder with top-notch emergency responses.
· Test all high-tech security equipment daily to ensure 100% operational status..
08/80 – 09/00
WASHINGTON STATE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTION
Provided executive law enforcement management and administration in busy urban municipality.
Executive Assistant to the Commissioner
· Managed staffing of 25 across departments and job functions.
· Oversaw all planning and scheduling for Commissioner.
· Instituted strict absentee policies and reduced absenteeism by 10%.
Departmental Chief Operations Officer
· Directed security and administrative operations for 25 facilities and 15,000 personnel.
· Trained officers weekly in specialized law enforcement techniques.
Executive Assistant to the Bureau Chief of Compliance
· Performed security audits.
· Audited jails to ensure compliance.
Executive Assistant to the Bureau Chief of Administration
· Managed personnel including scheduling and absenteeism.
· Recommended personnel for promotions and hire.
Master of Science in Administration, 1990
University of Washington
Bachelor of Science in Management, 1987
Washington Institute of Technology
Leadership, Ethics & Presentation for Managers
Conflict Resolution & Mediation
Crisis Management & Disaster Recovery
Instructor Development Training Certificate
Site Security Management
Bomb Threats & Suspicious Mail & Packages
Detection Imaging & Scanning
Crime Scene Preservation
Hostage Negotiations & Recovery