Benjamin M. Abell
3056 Nelm Street
Beltsville, VA 20705
Senior Telecommunications Manager
· Telecommunications professional with expertise in streamlining operations to deliver bottom-line results.
· Highly effective troubleshooter and problem-solver. Proven ability to large-scale, complex issues.
· Effective leader with strong communication skills. Expert knowledge of all telecommunications operations including voice and data communication network technologies.
EFUNDS, INC. – Beltsville, VA
1996 to Present
Analyst, Service Management
Lead diverse team to identify and resolve billing errors. Manage all audits and continually improve methods to eliminate waste and inaccuracies. Report directly to VP of IT. Accomplishments include:
· Developed methodology to prevent work errors which decreased costs by 15% annually.
· Led the process to track and implement software versions in use. Ensured proper software use.
Manager, Network Operations
Was responsible for ensuring a reliable data network. Managed staff of 30.
· Reduced need for outside vendors and temporary hires within two months of hire. Savings for company were $400,000
· Developed new network operations methods and procedures.
· Created tracking system for system troubles. Decreased system troubles by 95%
U.S. EAST COMMUNICATIONS – Beltsville, VA
1984 to 1995
Strategic Customer Service Manager – Boeing
Hired to improve telecommunications service delivery.
· Reviewed existing operations and recommended changes which reduced inefficiency by 25%.
· Identified need for expanded services by communicating with technical staff.
Regional Project Manager – Information Systems Division (1988 to 1990)
Standardized two telecommunication operations departments with minimal disruption in service. Provided senior management to 200 field and office workers.
· Streamlined all personnel and facilities to save the company more than $2 million in salaries and expenses.
Network Operations Supervisor – CCTAC
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science– University of Virginia