Richard G. Zhao
642 Lauren Drive
Woodford, WI 53599
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER • PROGRAMMER
Experienced software developer with broad knowledge base including design and implementation of systems development and network security administration. Exceptional communication, teaching, and program development skills. Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
Eligible for Reactivation of Top Secret Security Clearance
Microsoft Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP; UNIX, Linux; Solaris; FreeBSD; OpenBSD
Jakarta-Tomcat, KDE, VMware, ipchains, Firewalls, tcpdump, Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, Poser
TCP/IP, SMTP PPP, DHCP, Ethernet, LAN, RIP, OSPF, VPN
Oracle, MS SQL, MS Visual C++
· Emergency Management Information System (EMIS) Module Development and Implementation:
Wrote important modules and a large portion of infrastructure for Emergency Management software used by the governments to communicate critical information during emergencies. Delivered crucial networking functionality within cost and schedule.
· Emergency Management Information System (EMIS) Module Maintenance and Troubleshooting:
Led member of military EMIS software implementation, management, and troubleshooting team. Assisted in addressing networking issues and built service packs.
Programmer, COMPUTE, INC.
2002 – present
· Wrote and tested critical, complex software for government Emergency Preparedness Program.
· Manage sensitive project data used to ensure safety, security, and transfer of current, critical information.
· Ensure integration and usability of code.
Associate Faculty, WOODFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE
2000 – 2002
· Taught English as a Second Language courses to adult students.
· Designed interesting and effective lesson plans and provided one-on-one conversational sessions.
Freelance Writer/Editor, GAME, INC
1997 – 2001
· Wrote creative and instructional materials for game company.
· Authored adventure game books.
· Delivered all projects on time and to specifications.
English Teacher, INSTITUTE OF WOODFORD
1999 – 2000
· Privately tutored ESL students in grammar and conversation.
Visiting Assistant Professor, NATION UNIVERSITY
1998 – 1999
· Taught conversational English for college students.
· Trained fellow instructors.
· Volunteered to teach continuing education courses for community members.
ESOL Teacher, WOODFORD HIGH SCHOOL
1995 – 1997
· Taught conversational and written English to students.
· Created effective courses using literature.
Linguist, UNITED STATES ARMY, Fort Hood, TX
1991 – 1995
· Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
· Provided translation services as a Non-Commissioned Officer for the NSA.
· Translated intercepted voice and electronic communications
Master of Science in Computer Science
University of Wisconsin GPA 3.9
Master of Arts in Instructional Systems Development, TESOL Concentration
University of Wisconsin 4.0
K-12 ESOL Certification
Wisconsin State Department of Education
Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics
University of Wisconsin at Madison
Click here toProgrammer (Emergency Information System) in word
Incoming search terms:
- resume format for experienced electrical engineers
- safety officer resume format
- resume format for electrical engineers
- resume format for safety officer
- sample resume for experienced electrical engineer
- resume for electronics student
- resume samples for experienced electrical engineer
- computer science resume with no experience
- resume format for electrical
- sample resumes for experienced electrical engineers