Joel H. Wilkinson
553 Davis Lane, Denver, CO 80239 / Tel# (720) 365-5074 Email: [email protected]
Nursing professional with supervisory experience. Expert knowledge of patient care, nursing procedures, and healthcare administration. Highly organized with advanced communication and time management skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
· Direct Patient Care
· Health Administration
· Caseload Management
· Regulatory Standards
· Cost Controls
· Procedures Development
· Records Management
· Patient and Family Relationss
Haven Care Facility, Denver, CO
1996 – Present
Coordinate all patient care for a 50 bed unit.
· Led accredidation process.
· Generated the highest percentage reimbursement rate by conducting proper caseload management.
· Designed in-house training manual which ensured documentation compliance with government requirements.
· Performed all direct patient care duties, including administering therapy, maintaining patient medical records, and coordinating with doctors.
Memorial Hospital, Denver, CO
1988 – 1996
Registered Nurse – Critical Care
Provided effective care in a 30-bed ICU. Coordinated coverage for new procedures. Assisted with all angiography exams.
· Managed employee scheduling forDiagnostic Cardiac Cath Laboratory, Radiology, and Special Procedures Unit.
· Monitored all procedures to ensure patient comfort.
· Developed expertise in Cardiac Catheterizations and Swan-Ganz Catheter Insertions which reduced need for additional personnel.
SmithSON Care Center, Denver, CO
1985 – 1988
Directed skilled nursing procedures, such as i.v. therapy and tube feedings. Formalized training program for new nurses.
· Performed ostomy care.
· Managed care for patients with ventilators and tracheotomies.
· Improved communication with family members.
Health Products, Inc., Denver, CO
1978 – 1985
Clinical Nurse Consultant
Provided clinical testing of medical equipment. Trained customers on proper use of medical equipment. Analyzed customer feedback and made recommendations for improvement.
· Delivered presentations to nursing staff to ensure proper use products.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Science (Biology and Psychology), 1985
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
Associate of Science (Nursing), 1978
Denver Community College, Denver, CO
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
· Critical Care
Central Valley Hospital
· Practical Nursing
Denver Community College
· Nursing Assistant
County Geriatric Center