Mary L. Cabral
689 Khale Street
Charleston, SC 29405
Reporter with field and desk experience. Expert in all areas of new reporting from broadcast journalism, research, creative story writing, source confirmation, story development, camera expertise, and sound techniques.
• Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to create and write new broadcasts. Able to conduct meaningful interviews with subjects from diverse backgrounds.
• Technical skills include knowledge of production equipment, editing equipment, teleprompters, and lighting equipment.
• Knowledgeable in computer operations and several broadcasting applications including.
• Recognized by supervisors and colleqgues for strong work ethic and ability to perform under pressure.
WTDZ-TV, Charleston, SC
1997 – Present
Television News Reporter / Sub-Anchor
• Managed diverse duties such as general field reporting, story development, interviewing and coordinating schedules with production crews.
• Won Press Club Award for Deadline News Story.
• Won First Place in the Station Competition for a feature story.
KTRS-TV, Charleston, SC
1996 – 1997
Television News Reporter / Sub-Anchor / Producer
• Performed field reporting on a various topics for the evening news program.
• Assigned extensive broadcast journalism duties.
KYTR-TV, Columbia, SC
1995 – 1996
• Conducted interviews for 35 News broadcasts and other production duties
WHTS-TV, Columbia, SC
1994 – 1995
• Prepped guests and wrote for the evening show, gathered and edited information on financial markets and community events, assisted anchorwoman.
UNIVERSITY RADIO, Columbia, SC
1993 – 1994
News Writer / Announcer
Wrote and announced news reports for University’s radio station on a variety of topical stories and subjects.
UNIVERSITY, Columbia, SC
1992 – 1993
Office Assistant / Receptionist
Performed various office and administrative duties.
• State Press Club
• Society of Professional Journalists
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA
B.A., Mass Communications, Minor: Political Science
Concentration: Broadcast Journalism
Foreign Language: French and Creole
ROGERS HIGH SCHOOL
High School Newspaper Editor
Selected as “Top Journalism Student”
Incoming search terms:
- resume format for mass communication fresher
- resume format for tv anchor
- resume for mass communication student
- tv anchor resume format
- resume of a mass communication student
- resume format for journalism freshers
- sample resume for tv anchor
- resume format for anchor
- mass communication resume
- cv format for mass communication