Virginia R. Ford
1425 Finwood Road
Metuchen, NJ 08840
Seeking a position underwriting loans.
• Hired and trained award-winning sales staff of underwriters and insurance agents.
• Developed new products to expand existing business.
• Reviewed loans for commercial insurance plans.
• Saved organization millions by researching lead-based paint insurance exclusions.
• Supervised five state territories.
Newark Insurance Company, Metuchen, NJ
1998 – Present
Perform daily inspections of commercial properties to check for hazards and liabilities.
Mutual of Omaha Insurance, Newark, NJ
1996 – 1998
Commercial Lines Manager/Marketing Manager
Managed and directed commercial insurance department. Responsible for 40 agents.
Countrywide Insurance Corp., Newark, NJ
1986 – 1996
Master Underwriter/Senior Commercial Lines Underwriter/Super User Trainer
Led marketing team for large territory. Achieved excellent loss ratio.
Prudential Insurance, Newark, NJ
1984 – 1986
Commercial and Personal Lines Supervisor
Supervised entire commercial and personal insurance division. Oversaw marketing and training.
Education and Training
Seton Hall University of Spokane, East Orange, NJ
Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Minor: Business Management
• Courses Public Relations
• Commercial Training
• Property Inspection
• Computer training – Microsoft Office
President of Kiwanis Club
Volunteer for American Cancer Society
Incoming search terms:
- personal lines underwriter resume
- personal trainer resume with no experience
- personal lines insurance resume samples
- underwriting objective resume