The Criminal Investigator or agent is responsible for unraveling and establishing the facts behind a criminal event. Using their innate observation skills, eye of detail, and deductive reasoning, criminal investigators harness the forensic tools and advance technologies available to determine the origins of a crime to help pinpoint the culprit and bring them to justice. They also have policing and arresting authority.
Criminal Investigator Resume Format
Ferdinand M. Santos
Redwood Rd., Salt Lake, Utah
Phone: (801) 441-6832
A position as a criminal investigator in a metropolitan police force
Summary of Qualification
* 7 years of experience in criminal investigation
* Excellent deductive reasoning and observations skills
* Excellent command of forensic tools and technologies
* Excellent negotiating and communication skills in English and Spanish
Career Experience/Job History
2003 – Present: Assistant Criminal Investigator, Salt Lake City Metropolitan Police Force
* Assist the chief criminal investigator and the prosecutor’s office in investigating open criminal and homicide cases.
* Conduct site and laboratory forensic study in building-up sufficient evidence to stand in a court of law.
* Meet and interview friends, relatives, and colleagues of crime victims and suspects.
* Provide occupational and evidentiary testimony as may be required in any criminal trial.
* Promote the highest level of ethical professionalism in the police force.
Received letters of commendation from the Police Chief in 2004 and 2007-2008 for successful apprehension and conviction of more than 200 criminals during those years taken together
2002: Defensive martial arts, in-house training, Salt Lake Metropolitan Police Force
1998 – 2002: Diploma in Criminology, University of Utah
Incoming search terms:
- criminal investigator resume
- sample resume for criminal investigator
- sample resume for entry level background investigator