Parole Officers help reintegrate felons and convicted criminals who have been paroled into the societal fabric in a most productive way, while recommending more prison time for those who violate parole regulations. Paroled offenders are technically serving their sentences but are released by the Parole Board for a number of reasons like good behavior. The Parole Officer now has the responsibility to prove that the offender deserves to be paroled.
Parole Officer Resume Format
Raul D.J. Chan
Porter Ave., Buffalo, NY
Phone: (718) 243-3543
To become a parole officer in a large metropolis on the west coast with a large Chinese community.
Summary of Qualifications
* About 11 years of experience in the law enforcement service with the last 6 years as a parole officer
* Excellent written communication skills in English and Chinese
Career Experience / Job History
2006 – Present: Parole Officer, Department of Correctional Services, NYS
* Recommend candidates to the Parole Board with justifications
* Stipulate parole conditions to the parolee.
* Assist parolee in adjusting to normal social life.
* Monitor parolee’s living arrangements, personal conduct and social behavior.
* Document parolee’s progress or non-progress.
* Recommend parole cancellation and assist in the re-arrest of the parolee
1999 – 2006: Police Detective, NYPD
* Conduct investigation on homicide and murder cases.
* Apprehend suspects on the strength of evidence and recommend case filing with the prosecutor’s office.
Received commendations from the Department every year since 2007 for successful parole work with a high 95% rate of paroled offenders getting integrated back to society
1999 – 2001: Passed the New York Police Academy
1996 – 1999: Diploma in High School, Fourth District High, NY
Incoming search terms:
- resume for felons
- parole officer resume
- probation officer resume objective
- sample resume for a felon
- Resumes for felons
- sample resume for convicted felon
- probation officer resume sample
- probation officer resume objective examples
- resumes for convicted felons
- Examples of Resumes for Felons