Maria G. Wells
1014 Bridge Avenue
Lafayette, LA 94588
Senior Executive Profile
Achieving Business Objectives in a Global Market
Energetic leader and team player. Proven ability to deliver sales and marketing success in a highly competitive market. A creative and dynamic professional with the ability to make decisions and lead teams to excellence.
• Business Strategy and Planning
• Cutting Edge Marketing Techniques
• New Business Startup
• Product Optimization
• Logistics Management
• Partnership Development
Professional Experience And Accomplishments
GLOBAL COMPANY, LLC, Lafayette, LA
1998 – Present
Vice President of Chemical Sales and Operations
Led company during launch of new product lines to increase sales and market share in the North American and European markets. Direct report to COO. Increased revenue by $5M annually during tenure.
• Led the growth of the company in expanding market. Increased profit by 45% during first three years.
• Authored and instituted major market plan to achieve important partnerships with chemical producers.
• Designed and executied a marketing plan to enter into the business of packaging. Determined sales, operation and adminstration procedures.
• Led a global chemical team into the Asian and African chemical industry.
TYLLER INDUSTRIES, Lafayette, LA
1986 – 1997
Market Unit Manager
1994 – 1997
Manager responsible for profit and loss and strategiec analysis of sales to chemical customers in North America. Responsible for $9 million in sales. Designed innovative marketing plan throughout the region.
• Led busines growth by 23% per year. Raised profit by 4%.
• Led company into global markets
• Met 98% of regions prior annual sales while increasing profit by cutting costs.
• Awarded company excellence in leadership recognition.
Chemical Product Manager
1991 – 1994
Responsible for sales and profit for chemical division of North American region. Led unique marketign campaign. Managed distribution of ten state region.
• Managed important partnerships with new customers.
• Led effort to increase revenue by 23%
• Expanded sales to government in eastern market.
1986 – 1991
Responsible for daily operations of tri-state region. Handles customer service issues as well as sales and credit lines. Managed shipping and freight expenses.
• Pioneered comapny’s emergence into the western region.
• Secured important government contract.
• Located profitable opportunities for company during slow season.
Education / Professional Development
LIBERTY STATE, Lafayette, LA
LOUISIANA STATE, Lafayette, LA
Various seminars in corporate speaking, negotiations and management.
Click here to Vice President of Chemical Sales and Operations in word