The sample resume given here help you land more interviews and event planning jobs. This sample special events coordinator resume also sell your unique qualifications and skills. The purpose of this special events coordinator resume example is to make you attractive, interesting, worth considering to the company and so receive a job interview.
123, Ellis Street,
Boston, MA, 1846,
(334) 456 789
A position as a special events coordinator in a nonprofit environment where excellent organization, planning, and interpersonal skills can help to improve company’s profit.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of special events.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse volunteers.
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to manage complex issues creatively and effectively.
Senior Event Coordinator (1999-2001)
Ralph Lauren Media Llc – New York, NY
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of support groups and special events requiring the highest level of customer service and event expertise.
- Developed significant relationships with support group leadership, board of directors, institutional leadership, etc.
- Overseen the planning, implementation and logistics of the League’s special events.
- Trained, placed, managed, and evaluated volunteers.
- Managed the mutual responsibilities and expectations of both volunteers and staff.
- Created marketing and recruitment materials to give out at program and community events.
- Conducted regular website updates for volunteer opportunities.
Special Events Coordinator (1996-1999)
Administaff Client – Blue Point, NY
- Responsible for planning and managing statewide and regional events.
- Developed reports and other documents.
- Managed statewide outreach programs and initiatives portfolio.
- Developed new events held at various venues across the nation.
- Built and maintained key volunteer relationships with business owners in assigned regions.
- Recruited, trained, motivated and evaluated the performance of volunteers for all events.
- Managed volunteer database.
- Used volunteer base to expand our membership and donors.
Professional Education: Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
Bachelor of Science in Business Management (1995)