Almeta J. Terrill
499 Pinewood Drive, Arlington Heights, IL 60004 / Tel# (847) 890-5035 Email: [email protected]
Experienced School Teacher with several years experience. Dedicated to student development and academic excellence. Use innovative methods to integrate multiple learning styles.
· Caring professional using innovative, creative teaching methods.
· Skilled in working with parents, colleagues, and administration.
· Excellent program development including design of after-school enrichments and remediation programs.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage preschoolers through junior high students.
· Awarded “Teacher of the Year” after first year.
Lincoln Elementary School, Arlington Heights, IL
2001 – Present
Taught all subjects in a combined fourth/fifth grade classroom. Oversaw physical education and art programs. Created lesson plans to address different learning styles and level. Tracked progress and implemented supplemental teaching tactics. Supported administration in all school objectives.
· Selected as trainer for new hires.
· Awarded top performance recognition for reading program.
· Used hands-on learning methods to generate student excitement.
· Pursued new computer innovations to supplement classroom programs.
· Used recycled material to create innovative art program.
Greater CHICAGO School District, Chicago, IL
1998 – 2000
Managed middle school classrooms effectively to ensure continuity of instruction when classroom teachers were missing. Used hands-on learning techniques to maintain student interest.
· Effectively implemented available lesson plans.
· Integrated technology.
· Led activities to increase student interpersonal skills.
· Devised units to link math and history concepts.
· Created after-school literacy program.
LIBERTY Preschool, Chicago, IL
1997 – 1998
Observed students to ascertain their interests and learning styles. Organized personal learning activities to meet each student’s needs.
· Assisted students by providing individualized instruction.
· Produced narrative reports.
· Maintained healthy and safe environment.
· Advised parents on their children’s readiness for school.
KENNEDY Elementary School, Chicago, IL
1996 – 1997
Interned in third grade classroom by teaching all subjects, administering and correcting tests, recording attendance, and exercising needed discipline.
· Co-directed district-wide spelling bee.
· Conducted after school math program.
· Initiated school’s participation in nationwide writing competition.
· Coordinated fundraiser that raised over $7,000.
Bachelor of Arts (Elementary Education), 1998
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
CREDENTIALS AND AWARDS
Outstanding Student Teacher
Golden Key National Honor Society Member
Library Reading Program
Incoming search terms:
- third grade teacher resume
- objective for library assistant
- first year elementary teacher resume
- objective for resume library assistant
- library assistant resume objective
- library assistant objective
- objective for library assistant resume
- resume objective library assistant
- teacher assistant resume no experience
- first year teacher resume objective